Knit garments never looked so good... - Partner Email

The McCall Pattern Company, Dedicated E-mail:
 
 
 
 
 
Sew Tailored Knits: Comfort Meets Sophistication & Fit
There's so much to love about knit garments, especially when they look and feel fabulous! I'm Pam Howard, a custom clothier and the instructor of this Craftsy class — Next–Level Knits: Techniques for Structure & Style. I hope you'll join me for these video lessons, and discover how to sew tailored knit garments that will be wardrobe staples for office days, nights out and everything in between.

Through these lessons, I'll teach you all the techniques you'll need to choose a pattern, select a stable knit, customize your garment with pin–fitting and sew yourself a gorgeous finished project. Along the way, we'll touch on plenty of tips that will help you sew knit attire your coworkers, friends and family are sure to admire.
 
 
At the beginning of class, we'll talk about how to choose the fabric that's perfect for sewing chic tailored knits. From there, I'll teach you how to cut knits while avoiding stretching and color shading. Before we move on, we'll explore basic construction seams that work wonders for these fabrics.

For your garment, you'll want to choose a pattern that pairs well with the stable knits we'll be sewing in class. In this lesson, I'll help you pick a pattern as well as showing you how to adapt ones that were made for woven fabric. We'll also talk about using fusible stay tapes and interfacings to stabilize your knits.

With these essential skills covered, we'll explore how using a thoughtful construction order for your knits can make sewing easier and improve your results. Then, I'll cover how to bind necklines for a professional finish, as well as how to sew sleeves using a flat construction method.
 
 
It's just more fun to wear garments that are made just for you, so in this lesson, I'll help you make sure your knit garments really fit! We'll go step by step through a pin–fitting method that lets you adjust before you sew a stitch. I'll also give you pressing tips to help you prevent unwanted shine and creases from showing up in your fabric.

Want to add beautiful body to your knit garments and reduce wrinkles? I'll show you how by sewing linings and underlinings using a variety of techniques. Then you'll learn my tricks for hemming your garment with a double needle or by hand.

Join me in Next–Level Knits: Techniques for Structure & Style, and I'll also teach you how to sew smooth, seamless elastic waistbands.
 
 
I learned to sew from my neighbors while growing up in Virginia, and during my childhood, I spent a lot of time in fabric stores, reading and studying patterns. By the time I was 15, I was getting paid to sew for other people!

As an adult, sewing remains a passion for me. In 1994, I started Pamela's Closet, Inc. — a custom clothing and tailoring business. I also test patterns and write articles for Threads Magazine, and I was a guest on Sew Much More, a TV show hosted by Susan Khalje.

I hope to see you in class, where we'll turn knit fabric into stylish, tailored garments that are both comfortable and beautiful.
Pam Howard | Craftsy Instructor
 
What makes online Craftsy classes great?
• Learn for life! With lifetime access to your classes, you can watch lessons at your preferred pace and easily revisit your favorite concepts with just a click.
• Kick up your feet! Enjoy classes anytime from the convenience of your home or even on-the-go with our mobile apps.
• Get personalized guidance! Ask your fellow students questions to receive all the answers and feedback you need to succeed.
• Expand your horizons! Master new skills with our growing catalog of 600+ classes taught by the world's best instructors.
 

If you are having trouble viewing this email, view it here or copy this URL http://newsletters.mccall.com/mccalls/craftsy/Craftsy20160730/20160730_VoguePatterns_10653.html into your brower's address bar. This is a trusted dedicated email from Craftsy sent to you by The McCall Pattern Company, 120 Broadway, 34th Floor, New York, NY 10271. Please add mccalls@mccallpattern.com (also the "FROM" in the email) to your email address book to ensure deliveries to your Inbox. To join our email list or manage your preferences, click here. If you would prefer not to receive emails about updates and promotions from The McCall Pattern Company, please click here. View our privacy policy. Find answers to your questions on our customer service page.

 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder